We are excited to announce the opening of a new and unique language course: Biblical Aramaic! Now you can learnthis fascinating ancient language and understand the original languages of Biblical prophecies. This course is taught by top academic teachers from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Why learn Aramaic?
- Read texts from the original Aramaic sections of the books of Daniel and Ezra
- Get the original meaning of Biblical prophecies
- Learn a language that will enrich your understanding of the biblical Hebrew
This course is for
Adult students of all ages (18 and above) who have studied Biblical Aramaic – Course 1 or equivalent course.
Course structure and goals
The classes focus on reading the texts written in Aramaic in the Old Testament. The course builds a solid foundation for the fluent reading of the Biblical Aramaic texts. During the course students acquire a better grasp of the morphology of nouns and verbs, learn syntactical structures and expand their vocabulary, significantly improving their ability to read the texts in Aramaic. The grammatical topics are learned within the framework of the Aramaic sections of the book of Ezra and the Aramaic prophecies of Daniel. The class meets once a week and the students must complete homework assignments sent by the teacher after every meeting.
At the end of the course the student will
- Have expanded their vocabulary of Aramaic words.
- Have a better understanding of Aramaic morphology.
- Know more about the syntactical construction of Aramaic.
- Improve their ability to read Biblical Aramaic Text.
Academic Credit by the Hebrew University
The Hebrew University, in collaboration with eTeacher, will offer its very first credit online Aramaic courses to overseas students. In accordance with the University’s academic requirements the program includes obligatory attendance, paper submissions and examinations and will award students 4 credit points.
Course ScheduleJune 2018Thursday, 18:00-18:55