We are excited to announce the opening of a new and unique language course: Biblical Aramaic! Now you can learn this fascinating ancient language and understand the original languages of Biblical prophecies.
Why learn Aramaic?
- Read texts from the original Aramaic sections of the books of Daniel and Ezra
- Get the original meaning of Biblical prophecies
- Learn a language that will enrich your understanding of the biblical Hebrew
This course is for
Adult students of all ages (18 and above) who know the Hebrew alphabet.
Course structure and goals
The classes focus on reading the texts written in Aramaic in the Old Testament. During the course students become familiar with the basic paradigms of Aramaic nouns and verbs and acquire 100 common Aramaic words. The grammatical topics are learned within the framework of the Aramaic sections of the book of Ezra and the Aramaic prophecies of Daniel. The class meets once a week and the students must complete homework assignments sent by the teacher after every meeting.
At the end of the course the student will
- Have a basic vocabulary of 100 common Aramaic words.
- Know the basic paradigms of nouns and verbs.
- Know some basic syntactical features of the Aramaic.
- Know more about the original Aramaic meaning of the biblical stories.
Academic Credit by the Hebrew University
The Hebrew University, in collaboration with eTeacher, will offer its very first credit online Aramaic courses to overseas students. In accordance with the University’s academic requirements the program includes obligatory attendance, paper submissions and examinations and will award students 4 credit points.
Course ScheduleNovember 2019Sunday, 11:00-11:55Wednesday, 19:00-19:55November 2019Sunday, 18:00-18:55November 2019Sunday, 15:00-15:55Wednesday, 18:00-18:55