This course is for
Adult students of all ages (18 and above) who can read short texts in prose and wish to improve their fluency and comprehension skills.
One academic year.
Course structure and goals
The classes focus on reading biblical texts and working with dictionaries and grammar tools. Throughout the course students enhance their vocabulary and learn advanced grammatical topics. Classes teach how to understand and translate the Biblical Hebrew verbal tense system. The students read texts in prose, discuss these texts in class, and practice using Biblical Hebrew dictionaries and grammar tools. The class meets once a week, and the students must complete homework assignments sent by the teacher after every meeting.
At the end of the course the student will
- have read Biblical Hebrew prose texts independently.
- have improved their reading skills.
- be more familiar with Biblical Hebrew literature and grammar.
- know how to use dictionaries and grammar tools for Biblical Hebrew.
– All of these will enable the students to feel comfortable reading Hebrew texts and will give them the ability to tackle new biblical passages on their own.
Academic Credit by the Hebrew University
The Hebrew University, in collaboration with eTeacher, will offer its very first credit online Biblical Hebrew courses to overseas students starting January 2010. In accordance with the University’s academic requirements the program includes obligatory attendance, paper submissions and examinations and will award students 3 credit points.
Course ScheduleJanuary 2019Tuesday, 17:00-17:55February 2019Monday, 17:00-17:55Wednesday, 19:00-19:55January 2019Monday, 18:00-18:55Wednesday, 17:00-17:55Thursday, 18:00-18:55Thursday, 17:00-17:55
- Download Syllabus